I have been working on Our Family Tree for the last couple of weeks. Tonight I stitched two more ivy leaves and the yellow butterfly.
I decided that I needed a break from the house, so I have decided to set up a rotation again. For the last couple nights I have been working on this:
This is “Our Family Tree” which is a design by Stoney Creek. It will eventually be panel of an oak tree with a pedigree chart surrounded by a border of roses, butterflies, oak leaves, and acorns.
This is actually the second time that I have started this. The first time I used a cheap linen from MCG Textiles. I came to hate that fabric so much that I couldn’t stand even looking at it. I already like this better with the fabric that I am using.
I have actually been feeling quite a bit of pressure to get this going as it has a deadline. I am planning on giving it as a gift in fall of 2017. That seems like it is a long way off, but I would rather finish it sooner rather than later so that I am not scrambling in the end.
There is an enormous amount of confetti in the area that I have been stitching. To add to the complications, there are random stitches that have one strand of floss blended with two strands of blending filament. I am sure that the final effect will be quite nice as there will be random sparkles distributed through the design. However, right now I find this just irritating.
I will be glad when this picture starts to look like something.