I spent the last couple weeks of September stitching Autumn Magic. I have really started to enjoy working on this piece.
One of the things that has helped me to like it is that I have started stitching 20-stitch diagonals instead of the 10-stitch diagonals that I have stitched in the past. This has made it so that it takes longer to stitch a block. However I think that it also speeds up my stitching a little bit because the minimum number of stitches that I can stitch in one stitting is now 200. Also, I think that it helps me work through confetti-filled areas more easily because I have a larger area to work on which means that there are potentially more stitches per color in a block.
I do have another milestone to celebrate as I finished another page. This is what it looked like after that page finish:
Time to celebrate the completion of the sixth page on #autumnmagic by #randalspangler and #haed. Thirty-eight more pages to stitch. I think I am going to move up and work on trees for a little bit. I am really rather tired of yard. #crossstitch #crossstitchersofinstagram #xstitch #flosstube #malecrossstitcher #malestitcher
I also had time to work on a new page. I decided to move up to the top of my stitched area and work on the trees there for a little bit, partly because I was tired of stitching the yard. This is what that page looks like now:
This section of the chart is not very exciting because right now it just seems to be blobs of color. When I get to the right edge of the page, it looks like I will be stitching the edge of the house. Hopefully that will help a little bit.
I am looking forward to working on this again in a couple of weeks.