This week I have been working on English Garden Sampler by Teresa Wentzler. I am really happy with how much I was able to stitch. I stitched the border on the right side, the lower right corner medallion, and started working across the bottom. I think that I should be able to finish the border next time I work on this.
I have been working on Red by Mirabilia this week. I am really happy with my progress as I stitched over three diagonals. Her arm is starting to appear and I have also started another section of her dress. I am stitching this section horizontally because I don’t want the color variation in the Caron Waterlilies to put diagonal stripes in the dress. I really love how everything is starting to come together.
This week I have had a lot of fun working on Winter Sampler. I stitched just over two diagonals. That is about all I can do since the diagonals are so long now. However, I am in the middle of the action, so I can see a lot of change from those diagonals. I am up to ‘5’ in the countdown banner. The Happy New Year ribbon is now taking shape. The picture of the skier is getting close to being finished and the picture of Santa and the gingerbread man are making an appearance.
I have been working on Verandas of South Battery for the last week. I am happy with my progress. I finished the third house and am well into the fourth house. The fourth house is blue. After stitching two white houses I am excited to be stitching with another color.
I did a little research this week and found out that these houses actually exist in Charleston, South Carolina. They are on South Battery Street, across the street from White Point Garden. You can pull up Street View on Google Maps and see what they actually look like. A couple of them also have Wikipedia entries. It is kind of exciting to be able to see what I am actually stitching.