A Perfect Setting Update

For the past week I have been working on A Perfect Setting.  I didn’t get a lot of time to stitch, however I did stitch about a column of blocks.  This is what it looks like now:

IMG_0229

The right edge of the house is being replaced with the tree and the sky that are coming up.  I will be happy for the change.  I am not a big fan of yellow and all the yellow on the second story has been hard for me to stitch.  I will be glad to be stitching a little green for a while.  That won’t happen for a couple of weeks, though, because I am moving on in my rotation.

Our Family Tree One Week Later

I haven’t had a whole lot of time to stitch this week because of end-of-school-year concerts and a lesson that I had to teach in Sunday School yesterday.  Also, this design has turned out to be quite full of confetti, which has also slowed me down.  This is what Our Family Tree looks like after one week of stitching.

IMG_0223

I am really happy with how it is looking.  Next time that I work on this I will be into the hear of the design working on the oak tree.

A New (Re)Start

I decided that I needed a break from the house, so I have decided to set up a rotation again.  For the last couple nights I have been working on this:

IMG_0221

This is “Our Family Tree” which is a design by Stoney Creek.  It will eventually be panel of an oak tree with a pedigree chart surrounded by a border of roses, butterflies, oak leaves, and acorns.

This is actually the second time that I have started this.  The first time I used a cheap linen from MCG Textiles.  I came to hate that fabric so much that I couldn’t stand even looking at it.  I already like this better with the fabric that I am using.

I have actually been feeling quite a bit of pressure to get this going as it has a deadline.  I am planning on giving it as a gift in fall of 2017.  That seems like it is a long way off, but I would rather finish it sooner rather than later so that I am not scrambling in the end.

There is an enormous amount of confetti in the area that I have been stitching.  To add to the complications, there are random stitches that have one strand of floss blended with two strands of blending filament.  I am sure that the final effect will be quite nice as there will be random sparkles distributed through the design.  However, right now I find this just irritating.

I will be glad when this picture starts to look like something.

The Front of the House

Work on “A Perfect Setting” continues.  I have been working across the front of the house.  This has been an interesting experience because the top of the roof is slanting down, but the block that I am working on continues on horizontally.  Before I would stitch to the soffit and be finished.  Now I find that I need to stitch above it more and more.  This is how it looked as of last night:

IMG_0210

Right now this piece is really starting to get to me.  I think that my least favorite colors to stitch with are white, cream, and light yellow, and these colors appear in abundance in this section of the chart.  All that I have to look forward to when I get to the end of the house is the green chaos of a huge tree.  I find that I am facing a rising temptation to set this aside for a little bit and start work on something else.

A Perfect Setting Progress

Since I finished Stroke of Midnight I went back to working on A Perfect Setting, which is a design by Graphs by Barbara and Cheryl.  This is what it looked like before I started stitching:

IMG_0117

I have been working on this for just under two months and have made a lot of progress.  This is what it looks like now:

IMG_0197

There is actually more stitched, it just wouldn’t fit in the picture.  The entire lower edge of the picture has been stitched.  I have really enjoyed working on this.  It has been fun to see the house taking shape.  It has been stitching rather quickly as well, I am amazed that I have been able to do so much in two months.