I am getting tired of white floss mixed with blending filament. Luckily I now just have a snowflake and a half left to do. Finishing the white around the trees makes things look a lit more complete.
I had a lot of fun stitching this. It is nice to see the final shape of the piece come into focus. The end of cross stitching is near. I only need to fill white in the trees and stitch two more snowflakes. Unfortunately, all of that white also has blending filament, which complicates things a little.
I haven’t had much time for stitching in the last week or so. Tonight I finally was able to sit down and stitch. I finished the second snowflake on top and started on the bottom border. With four hearts and a big S finished, I have made a good start.
I never thought that I would say this, but I am almost out of pearl blending filament.
Blending filament is best used in small batches. I have a hard time threading it through the needle and then stitching with it can be annoying. I like the sparkly effect that it produces, but sometimes the work to get there can get me down. With one snowflake down and three to go there is still a lot of blending filament in my future.
It been a long time since I have posted here. My last post was about one of two irises that my aunt had asked me to stitch for her. Since then, I have been able to complete both irises. They look like this:
These are Gay Parasol and Glad Rags, both designed by The Silver Lining. Both are stitched on 32 count fabric. I do not know what colors because my aunt bought the patterns and fabric and sent them to me.
Working on these taught me a couple of things. I have been bouncing back and forth between several projects for quite some time. Since I was stitching these for someone else, I didn’t feel like I had the luxury of working on anything else, otherwise I knew that I would have a hard time coming back to them. Because of this I have learned that it is better to concentrate on one project at a time, rather than try to multitask. I accomplish more that way.
One of my challenges in stitching has always been how to handle the more complicated parts of a piece. I have to be able to “see” how things fit together in order for them to make sense. When I hit an area with many colors spread out all over I have a hard time “seeing” and can get discouraged. Once again, I couldn’t give up because of the commitment that I had made. I found that if I just persisted and worked on the doing all of the stitches of the most prominent color, everything eventually fell into place.
It feels good to have these complete. I didn’t like the pressure of making something for someone else. I like irises, but they are not what I would normally choose to stitch. So it feels good to be able to work on something that I want to work on. I have returned to stitching my Santa’s and have made quite a bit of progress. They really seem to move quickly compared to the irises. This is what they look like right now: